Kokomi is one of my VERY SUPERB FAVOURITE CHARACTER in Genshin Impact. Technically, I love and adore her design too much and even I’ll always look for any cosplayer i can find in Cons who cosplay as her. And since Sangonomiya Kokomi’s birthday is on February 22nd, we’ll be making her food to celebrate her birthday! Inspired by her signature dish called “A Stunning Stratagem” from Genshin Impact. It says that this dish is similar with Chakin-Zushi, but honestly after asking some of my Japanese friend, I end up trying to cook something similar with Mochi-Kinchaku.
Chakin Zushi is a type of sushi that is wrapped in a thin layer of egg crepe and then tied with a thin strip of nori seaweed to create a pouch-like shape. The filling can be made with a variety of ingredients.
While Mochi-Kinchaku is a Tofu skin (Aburaage) bag that looks like a Kinchaku with some filling inside. I found it sometimes as one of assortment in nabemono dish like Oden (many people put mochi, but I found one with mozarella cheese instead which is surprisingly okay as well). but for our Kokomi’s recipe, we’ll be using mochi and mozarella. So, let’s get started!
For the Mochi-Kinchaku:
- 1 cup glutinous rice flour
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Tapioca starch or cornstarch for dusting
- toothpick (?)
- Mozarella cheese
- 1 pack dashi powder (or chicken or vegetable powder)
- 500 ml water
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup daikon radish, sliced
- 1/2 cup carrot, sliced
- To make the Mochi-Kinchaku, mix the glutinous rice flour, water, sugar, and salt in a bowl until a dough forms.
- Knead the dough until smooth, then divide it into small balls. Flatten each ball and place a small amount of sweet bean paste in the center. Fold the dough over the filling, pinch the edges to seal, and roll into a ball.
- Cut Abura-age in half to make a pouch
- Dont forget to prepare the mozarella cheese slice as well
- Fold the cheese with mochi slice and place it inside the tofu skin
- Use the toothpick to seal the pouch
- To make the Oden Soup, bring the dashi broth to a boil in a pot (dashi powder + water). Add the soy sauce and salt, and stir to combine.
- Add the green onion, carrot, (can add radish too), to the pot, and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the mochi-kinchaku to the pot and continue to simmer for another 5 minutes.
- To serve, place a few mochi-kinchaku in a bowl and ladle the hot soup over them.
Enjoy your stunning stratagem inspired by Sangonomiya Kokomi’s birthday!
This unique version of “A Stunning Stratagem” is one of a fun way to celebrate Sangonomiya Kokomi’s birthday. But, I will try to remake this dish using the same method as Chakin-Zushi to brush out my curiosity next time. This dish is a perfect combination of savoury flavours and the chewy texture of the mochi-kinchaku complements the softness of the vegetables in the soup.
Don’t forget to check my other recipe from www.namikatze.com! And thank you for visiting this page!